Advertisement

does neuroreplete actually work?

topic posted Mon, February 20, 2006 - 4:10 PM by  aliza
Share/Save/Bookmark
Does anyone know if neuroreplete really can work for depression? What about depression in bipolar?
I'm bipolar and after years and years of trying every drug out there and not getting any results at all (or drugs that only work for a very short time and then just quit) I've decided to look into alternative treatments.

I'm interested if anyone has (or knows someone that has) actually tried this?
From what I've read about it thus far the science of it seems to make sense, but then
again a lot of things sound good in theory...if you know what I mean.
posted by:
aliza
Philadelphia
Advertisement
  • Re: does neuroreplete actually work?

Sat, March 3, 2007 - 1:07 PM
    Looks like your wrote this question one year ago, but figured I'd put out an answer. I was "diagnosed" bipolar about nine years ago and took meds for five years. I was terrifeid to go off the meds. I have been medication free for over four years, thanks to the power of sunlight and NUTRITION. For more info see my website:
    www.integrativenutrition.com/gra...aspx

I think neuroreplete is extremely powerful and I highly recommend people try it. Of note, you have to not be on your regular pharmaceutical meds. The idea is four amino acids and some cofactors help rebuild neurotransmitters in the brain. I used it when I had Lyme's Disease and couldn't believe how much it helped me with depression. When I healed, I no longer needed it and had no withdrawal symptoms when I stopped. I only took it for 6 months and am by no means an expert, but am offering my opinion here.

Good luck! I recommend it, although it probably would be best if you could find a doctor to follow you with the supplement.

Mon, June 4, 2007 - 7:08 PM
    Hi Aliza,

I am also reading your post a year late. You have probably already started on a neuroreplete program and can verify for yourself the efficacy of Amino Acids. I have been bipolar most of if not all my life. I did very well for about five years on various pharmaceuticals and except for the usual side effects and changes associated with taking such powerful drugs I was functioning in life... so to speak.

There were a few remaining symptoms left unchecked by whatever meds I was taking. Cyclical bouts of fibromyalgia, sheer exhaustion every four to six hours, cloudy thinking, sensitivity to temperature changes especially coolness, 2-3 nights of insomnia, various digestion problems, and never really feeling full. Now these are light weight livable symptoms compared to the total dysfunction I would be experiencing if not on four different kinds of prescribed pharmaceuticals to stop me from severely cycling through manic/depressive episodes.

But one magic day my psych doctor came up with this Amino Acid program. I was skeptical and terrified at the idea of coming off my meds being well aware of how dependent I was on them. I thought I could possibly lose my mind, and my business and my husband but mostly just myself. I let her slowly take me down on some of my dosages - then went onto the Aminos.

The first week wasn't too bad but the second week I felt very shaky. Not sure I would be able to hold myself stable. I was very emotional, something the other meds keep in check. And I just wasn't sure if I was feeling right or not. I reported my misgivings to the doc and she made an adjustment.

That did the trick. I take about 14 caps neuroreplete, cysreplete and a couple others. The best thing ever. My whole being has been affected. The best thing is not having to spend energy keeping myself together. I can even go walking out in cold weather and my joints and muscles don't ache. So many things that used to annoy me no longer bother me.

It's been about nine months and I'm now living in the world of it's okay!

My best to all who are seeking.

Tue, June 12, 2007 - 11:27 PM
      What the heck is neuroreplete? Wheres the website?

I have ADD, am a healer and nutritionist and herbalist, know about aminos, take tyrosine, but...this sounds interesting!

Hey, Im forming a Holistic Peer Support for Healing ADD tribe as soon as I can figure out how to start a tribe...come find us!
      Don
      Eugene, Oregon

Sat, December 13, 2008 - 6:52 AM
        Yeah it works. I've been taking it for 4 months now after a year and a half of intense anxiety (I missed 3 weeks of work) and I am feeling more calm, not waking up with anxiety and not feeling depressed. The cloudy thinking and memory problems are gone. I have my neurotransmitters tested back in September and it showed low norepinephrine and low seratonin. I know it's due to a year of constant stress and lack of exercise and good food. Try it out. It's great and there were no side effects except a little indigestion the first week. It went away after a few days. There's a website if you google it and my DO prescribed it for me. I also think prayer worked in my case too.

Thu, June 14, 2007 - 10:32 AM
      Dear Aliza, Heidi & Jana,

I am extremely interested in this treatment but I don't know who I need to contact to go through the program. If you recommend your doctor could you email me or reply to this post with the details so that I can book a consultation.

For everyone's info, details about neuroreplete and amino acid testing is found here: www.chknutrition.com but unfortunately they don't give details of qualified physicians that are trained in this.

Any help with this would be grately appreciated!

Thanks,

Danny
      email: Frodo2007@bluebottle.com

Sat, June 23, 2007 - 9:52 AM
        Hi Danny,

To get a list of trained practitioners, please call 877-626-2220. Any one of the well trained technical support staff will be more that happy to give you the names and contact information of people who able to help you.

Sat, June 23, 2007 - 9:48 AM
    Hi Aliza, I have been working with NeuroReplete for almost five years. In my search for the alleviation of my own depression, I came across a c NeuroResearch and their line of amino acid products. I was out of my depression in about three weeks. My ADHD symptoms also were gone. I am a psychologist and this program changed the course of my career. I was trained by Marty Hinz,MD and now conduct a practice almost entirely devoted to NeuroReplete. This program aleviates depression symptoms. The challenge for people with a bi-polar issue is the mania. The prescription Lithium has terrible side effects. It is possible to regulate the mania with a non-prescription form of lithium called "lithium orotate". If you work with a health practiononer who has been trained by Dr. Hinz, they can regulate your neurotransmitter levels in about five weeks. Then ask that person to help you regulate the lithium levels to the correct theraputic dose. You will have to remain on this program indefinitely but you will be symptom free.

For a list of practioners, go to neuroassist.com.

Good luck, Ross

Wed, August 1, 2007 - 2:21 PM
    I found this site by search of NeuroReplete. I have been recommended by a seemingly knowledgeable and progressive MD to start taking NeuroReplete. Today was my first dosage and considering my past experience with prescription drugs, I only took half dosage (2 pills)

I am cautiously optimistic that this supplement will be of significant benefit. I will update this post regularly.

Sat, January 31, 2009 - 5:11 PM
    I have suffered with severe depression and anxiety for about 10 years. I was very, extremely skeptical about Neuroreplete and Cysreplete after having been on a myriad of antidepressant SSRI's. I thought it was just a money making scheme and I was scared.

Let me just say that I'm glad I did my research and I'm glad I tried it because it has made a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. I had my psychologist ask a phychiatrist about Neuroreplete and he dismissed it which made me even more anxious. These aminos, combined with B vitamins and Omega 3's have been the absolute difference for me.

(I should also add that I am on 5mg. of Lexapro, but I was on that before starting the aminos and was still very symptomatic. Side effects of Lexapro above 5mg. were too bad for me to increase my dose.)

Fri, February 27, 2009 - 10:41 AM
    Hi all,
    I am extremely curious about neuroreplete and wondered if any of you could update me on how you got on with it? I have just been diagnosed with depression and have been prescribed fluoxetine (which is just prozac without the brand name) but am pretty scared to try it. I much prefer the sound of neuroreplete but would be really grateful for further advice as I see SSRIs as a 'last resort.' Many thanks!

Fri, February 27, 2009 - 11:47 AM
      you know, this whole thread REALLY looks like spam. I know this is the only link that comes up when you search for that product, but all of the posters have a have similar writing style and empty profiles, that are empty in the same exact way (no info other than age and location, first names only, no nicknames, no 'further info', no interests, no other tribes). What gives?

Fri, February 27, 2009 - 3:24 PM
        Hi girl Mark,
        I'm not sure it is spam. I have seen neuroreplete recommended on other forums but this seems to be the most detailed. I personally excluded writing my hobbies etc. in my profile because I just wanted to quickly write and wasn't really on here to make buddies or for people to find out more about me. I'm from the United Kingdom where neuroreplete isn't sold but I'm interested in the mechanisms by which it works so perhaps I can buy the supplements separately and use them in a similar way.
        Jenny

Fri, February 27, 2009 - 5:10 PM
        I agree with you Girl.. But I caution you in calling things SPAM.. Some people take offense to people calling things spam and can be pretty obdurate in their harrassment for it.

One thing.. B vitamins as well as omega 3's are well-known to be imortant in brain function. I would not think many woudl run out and decide to buy this stuff however from this thread with 2 unidentified people who just happened to jump on tribe to tell all their friends about it.
      • Unsu...

Re: does neuroreplete actually work?

Fri, April 24, 2009 - 10:24 AM
        I dont know whats going on with those profiles, but I work with NeruoWellness. I am a very real person and I care a lot about what NeuroWellness is doing to truly help people without hurting them. Neurotransmitter therapy and amino acid therapy is about addressing the cause of the problems not treating the symptoms like the dangerous perscription drugs most people take. Most perscription drugs cause more damage to the body than they do to heal it.

I have worked with Dr. Robert Neff and Dr. Ross at NeuroWellness for over a year and I know their programs are successful!

NeuroWellness has been doing client tracking and they have a proven 70% success rate with all their clients! Thats unheard of for any treatment. My roomate also suffers from ADHD and he is in the ADHD program at NeuroWellness. I know for a fact the he has experienced symptom relief and is able to focus a lot better.

Go to www.neurowellness.com and read about what they offer and if you have questions call Dr. Robert Neff at (972) 386-9776.

If you have any questions of comments for me I would love to chat.

Here is all the contact info for NeuroWellness.

NeuroWellness, Inc.

www.neurowellness.com

5310 Harvest Hill, Suite 165
        Dallas, TX
        USA 75230

info@neurowellness.com
        (972) 386-9776
        (972) 635-3171

Our Normal Office Hours:
        Mon-Thu, 10am-5pm

Sat, May 23, 2009 - 7:13 AM
        I know my post isn't scam since the last time I checked I was alive and breathing and typing this. Boy are you skeptical and jaded. If you don't want to try it, don't try it, but since my last post I've been taking Neuroreplete for 10 months and am 99.99% symptom free of anxiety and depression and OCD. I believe I'm supposed to stop the system in 2 weeks so we'll see what happens then.

And for your information, I choose not to write anything in my profile because frankly, it's none of your business.

Sun, October 4, 2009 - 9:16 AM
        I can't speak for anyone else, but my profile is empty because I choose not to give out my personal information on the web. I googled "Neuroreplete" AFTER I had already been taking it to avoid having to call my doctor for answers-who doesn't cover my insurance anymore- and saw this question come up. I was doing well on it and wanted to share my experience. I believe that's what this website is for. I don't know if you just have bad experiences with SPAM in the past, but how are we supposed to share our experiences and reviews for something without being labeled SPAM? Do you have a better idea?
  • Unsu...

Thu, March 26, 2009 - 7:08 PM
    Supplements never work, they would be medications if they did. Supplements are substances that never made it as medications.

Only platinum, iridium and vanadium do something.

Iridium installs telepathy, vanadium is for cannabis induced brain changes.

paranoiaci.echoz.com
    • Unsu...

Fri, April 24, 2009 - 10:37 AM
      Thats not true.

"Whole food supplements" are very different than the "fractionated supplements" you buy Wal-Mart! I know you think the internet is a big scam, but you just are not looking in the right places.

Our bodies build up toxicity because of all the processed crap we eat. We were never supposed to put that stuff into our bodies and we dont get the nutrition we need from eating fake stuff. Thats why we all suffer from neurotransmitter deficiencies... Whole food supplements are natural and they are what our bodies need to function correctly.

Johns Hopkins Chapter on Depression

Food and Nutrients in Disease Management: Depression

Ingrid Kohlstadt, MD, Johns Hopkins University; Marty Hinz, MD, University of Minnesota;

Chapter in I. Kohlstadt (ed.), CRC Press, 2009.

Full Chapter Reference: www.neurowellness.com/Johns.Hop...hapter.pdf

Sat, May 23, 2009 - 7:14 AM
      Boy are you naive. Speaking from experience? After 10 months on Neuroreplete, I'm better. Whereas, I went a year without it and wasn't even able to go to work. Maybe you should check your research before writing something that you have no knowledge of.

Sat, July 11, 2009 - 6:39 PM
    I just started this process the middle of April this year 2009. I am in the Dallas area and will be going to the office located on one of the post by one of their staff members. I have been with a different doc in the area, but left this week due to the staff in her office. I can see how this is working for me and I am not to the end. The phone number posted also for finding a doc in your area is also real, I spoke to them on Friday, yesterday to get a new doc to keep me on this program. I hope that those of you who do not feel these post are real and heart felt do find a place to get the treatment you need. We do not have to argue to find what we need, if this post is not for you, then keep looking. I also will not give out my personal info for safety reasons. I am so glad to find this post. My doc told me in her office on the first visit what she thought was wrong with me based on conversation and past blood work reports. I keep a copy of all my medical reports. Then she sent me for blood work, that proved everything she was saying I needed treatment for. I also have a copy of the lab results and have had my sister in law who is an RN review them. My sister in law has no connection to this doc. The post about how this stuff treats the problems not the symtoms is so true. I have been on anti depressant meds and anti anziety meds for 11 years. I am excited to be on a program that can treat me and after the program is done then I will be off all the meds. What perscription for depression or anziety has done that for anyone. I am glad I found this post and am even more blessed that I found the program. So remember the post from dallas was real, I am going to there office next week, and the phone number to get a doc is real I called them Friday July 10th, 2009 To all good luck and enjoy the blessing you are recieving from this program. I can't spell and sorry for that.

Sun, October 4, 2009 - 9:21 AM
    Update: I had my neurotransmitter levels tested again this past summer after 10 months on Neuroreplete and they are back to normal again. I have one question though-I'm avoiding going to the doctor because they don't cover my teacher's insurance anymore. The doctor who I don't normally see-I see his coworker-emailed me back as per my request and told me that the neurotransmitter levels usually level out about 3-4 months after stopping and may drop slightly so I should take the capsules for another 3 months after getting tested again. I seem to be doing fine now. What should I do? Have any of you had the problems return after stopping for 3-4 months?

Thu, November 5, 2009 - 8:57 PM
      I used neuro Replete and CysReplete for 6 months to help with depression. I have been off my anti-depressant since June. When I first went to my doctor, he asked if I remembered what it felt like to be happy. He then asked on a percentage scale where I was now, which was 55%. Each time I saw him, he'd ask the same question. I made it to 95%. Since June, my 'happiness scale' has dropped to about 70%, but the clarity of thought and overall feelings of well-being have stabilized. I am far better off than I was on the maximum dose of the anti-depressant I was taking. For me it worked. As for the insurance issue, I commiserate.

Sat, November 21, 2009 - 12:06 PM
        Yup, I think you nailed it, girlMark.
        Formulaic posts. ("formulaic: characterized by the repetition of certain stock phrases, known as formulae.")
        I'm potentially vulnerable (depression but ultra sensitive to SSRIs).... BUT the posts & profiles really started looking ODD as I read on & on.
        Good nutrition and exercise are probably the best answer, and I will pursue these cheaper, healthier paths.
        I do feel sorry for bipolar people who have blown out their kidneys on lithium, though, and have a tougher time finding stability.
        These human bodies do wear out.... unfortunately.

Tue, July 13, 2010 - 8:55 PM
          I was searching on the web for NeuroReplete because I've been on it a few weeks, and was looking for a bit less expensive source. It does seem that people have been pretty enthusiastic, and the company representatives a little over the top.

The thing is, though, I've had some pretty nifty results with it. I've gotten quite a bit more energy, more mental focus, and seem to be in a little better mood. I'm on it for FMS, prescribed by a Functional Medicine doctor. Seems to do some good for the aching, and for sleep, too, though I'm more impressed with the increase in concentration and energy. Like some other people, though, I do find the four capsule serving size tends to give me indigestion and if I don't take them with food I can get pretty queasy. When I first started it, I got a headache when the morning dose wore off in the afternoon.

The theory behind it is, if you supplement all the precursors, the levels of neurotransmitters will rise. I've been a little dubious about this, frankly, but the reuptake inhibitors I've taken didn't work that well for me, and I figured if the doctor prescribed it the flex plan would cover it. If you're not in the position to spend that kind of money, it might be less expensive to put together everything NeuroReplete has in it, and take that instead.

Anyway, that's my experience, not employed by the company that makes it or anybody who sells it, just a satisfied customer. Hopefully that wasn't too formulaic. ;-)

wolfalohalani

Tue, January 11, 2011 - 8:25 AM
            I can tell you that it does work. My teenage son was not depressed but had bad Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It was controlling his life. I did not want him on prescription meds but was afraid we would have to resort to that when all else failed.

I found the products online and was very skeptical but found a doctor with lots of experience in prescribing it. It took several months of neurotransmitter testing and tweaking the dosages but his OCD and phobias suddenly disappeared almost overnight. We are thrilled with it. I believe It is important to find a practitioner experienced in testing for neurotransmitter imbalances through a simple urine test and prescribing the exact right dosages of a combination of the products or you may get worse or get frustrated and give up. Different products affect different neurotransmitters. My son was very low in both dopamine and serotonin. One of his dosages requires opening up the pill and only giving him half. It is that precise.

I believe it is a tragedy that more people suffering from depression and OCD don't know about this so I am trying to spread the word.
  • Mel
    Mel
    offline 0

Thu, February 3, 2011 - 9:09 PM
    Watching the series of posts, I decided to begin to document the process and progress of my 47 y/o sister as she begins this treatment protocol. Well educated (masters degree), 3 children, married and very high functioning. Following some family stress, she was diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) 8/2005 and was given Paxil.
    7/07, due to side effects and return of symptoms she was switched to Lexapro. 6 weeks later that med was discontinued because of neurological side effects, tremors, confusion, etc.
    9/2007 Emsam patch was prescribed which left her on the floor for 8 days before discontinuing. She was unable to walk or construct coherent sentences.
    10/07 she began Cymbalta, 60mg, following full neurological workup. In her email to me "I was in bed for weeks (deeper than depression), then the constant urge to walk, nervous, sparky things in head, and kept trying to shop and drive but always had to have someone along to take the wheel. This was for a couple months, during which time Dr. Bahnson had increased the dosage to 90mg. By spring things got real hard and I got dependent and barely able to function except I could walk and ride my bike as long as someone was with me. My head felt like it was going to pop. Felt like contractions in skull and was going to pop a baby out of my head. So many many things to tell about Cymbalta......just awful. Felt like a steady constant flow of electricity throughout my body. At times, while sitting my leg would extend abruptly, or my arm would jerk out straight. Random muscle firing. I would take meds at 6-6:30 am, was asleep by 7 am, up by 10am and napping throughout the day, additional 2-3 hours and aprox. 8 hour/night. Tried to tell my doc, he said keep trying.
    8/10 Her Doctor agreed she was unable to tolerate the meds and provided her with a weaning program. This was complete by 11/10. The withdrawal symptoms were worse than the treatment.
    12/10 She began to demonstrate seizure type activity.
    1/11 At the follow-up visit, her MD stated he could do nothing more for her, except provide her with a prescription for the migraines and another one for the "racing heart" (140/min. at rest) At that point, I made the 17 hour drive to get her and bring her to my MD, who has had 7 years experience dealing with the amino acid replacement treatments.
    2/3/2011 Today was her first appointment. The plan is to test for sensitivities and neurotransmitter levels, then begin the treatment protocol.
    I will post her progress as this unfolds in hopes of providing insight to one person's journey. Although the mainstream medical community uses the standard psychotropic meds as a first line treatment plan, it's very clear these meds are not for everyone. My sister complied with all treatment plans offered and recommended by board certified Psychiatrists/Neurologists, and paid dearly. We are now traveling down the "alternative" route.

Wed, June 29, 2011 - 8:21 PM
      Hi, I just joined and was wondering how your sister was doing. My oldest sister started this protocol around a year ago. She is also a college graduate 2 children, etc., She had some situational depression as a young adult and then with the birth of her first child had post partem depression/psychosis. This began her journey on anti-depressants,anti-anxiety, and anti-psychotic medicines. She has been hospitalized,baker acted and detoxed(put her on more meds than she was on). We had one doctor tell us that she was a very sick woman. I told them this is not my sister and she was never like this before. All medicines quit working for her but, the doctors kept on giving her new drugs and ones that they had already tried. Her Neurologist said she had enough meds for 2 grown men.(450 mg. Seroquel,200mg. Lamictal,150mg. Effexor, 6mg. Klonopin)This was all of the bi-polar meds that her psychiatrist had put her on. She actually had damage to her Thalmus from anti-depressant therapy(per MRI) She would be better for a week or two and then right back to where she was before they gave her a new drug or increased one. I am very happy to report that i have my sister back. She was very skeptical but, she knew this was the only thing that might work. We had some doctors who told us we should institutionalize her. I found Dr. Stein in Plantation, Florida where she lives(he was 15 minutes away from us all this time)who does the amino acid therapy and uses Chk Nutritions supplements. Her anxiety and depression went away in about 6 weeks. But, she still was not back t o normal. About 4 months ago something just clicked(added extra Tyrosine) and she said she is happier than she has ever been in her whole life. Everyone in our family is ecstatic over this. This is the short version of what all happened to her. She also dealt with breast cancer during all of this but, was not even able to feel anything about it at the time.

My husband has just started (3 weeks ago) on Neuroreplete,Cys Replete and Replete Extra. He has PTSD. It has been the nicest 3 weeks of my life and his...in the 20 years we have been together

I hope your sister is doing better and continuing with the protocol..
      • D
        D
        offline 137

Wed, June 29, 2011 - 8:47 PM
        the sad thing for the spammer is that no one hardly is on tribe so your are truly wasting your time - kind of admire you work ethic, though

perhaps a handful of people read this thread - I mean non spammer people, that is

i read a study recently, small one, that showed people given a placibo and TOLD that it was a placibo but given a script and sent to get the known placibo at a pharmacy had spectacularly good results

cheap and low side effects? Also, on MS with disability and I'd run through my monthly check in 5 minutes if I bought half the stuff people have told me over the years is a "Fix"

Thu, July 21, 2011 - 2:59 PM
    If anyone is in the Portland, OR area - see Dr. Kim Barclay Webster. He's very knowledgable and he's open to either prescription med or supplements. He'll try whatever he thinks will work for the individual. He goes more by symptoms than blood test numbers. He's treating me with NeuroReplete - along with other things for symptoms of Hypothyroid which can sometimes mimic depression/anxiety/pms/etc, etc... - and it's been very effective!

Mon, August 15, 2011 - 9:47 AM
      I would love to hear from people (real people not just professionals trying to sell this ridiculously expensive product) who take this product. I want to hear other stories. So few people know about Neuroassist/Neuroreplete.

Mon, August 15, 2011 - 9:42 AM
    I have been using neuroreplete neurtransmitters for nearly 4 months. I take 19 supplements a day (from this program alone, not including other supplements/meds). It's been a HUGE money suck if you ask me. The urine screens are $165 a piece and keep telling me that I'm not in the right phase or range. I starting to lose hope. And, I agree with others. So much of this thread looks like it's from someone who works for/owns the company. Let's get some REAL people/users of the product to talk about the supplements. Anything that makes such extraordinary claims as Neuroreplete/Neuroassist should be met with a great deal of skepticism, especially when you consider the EXORBITANT amount of money you need to spend to make it work...

Mon, August 15, 2011 - 9:48 AM
      Just to give you an idea - last month I spent $500 on supplements and urine screens. There has to be a better/less expensive way...

Thu, September 1, 2011 - 1:44 AM
        Jesus people, I joined this site just to respond to this, how much does this stuff cost, neuroplet, and the other one whatever it's called. Sorry it's 430 in the morning and I don't care look up the names again. Anyway, There is a cheaper way. I'm sure these amino acids are helpful for some of you, but for the love of god you are paying hundreds of dollars for these supplements? I looked at the ingredients all of these things are DIRT cheap and the dosages they give you are criminal, 6 pills a dose or something like that and you are getting 500 mg of a single amino acid. you can buy BOTTLES of this stuff for 11 dollars and I'm talking the free form powder and do the dosages yourself. I have a bottle of tyrosine next to my bed that has 240 or so servings at 500 mgs a pop. all you need to do is look up the ingredients seperately and I'm telling you there aren't many of them. and buy them all separately and do the dosages yourself. What this company is doing is taking something that could very well be helpful and I don't doubt that it is, and raping you people. you could very well put an entire "dose" into one or two pills, instead they make the pills smaller or they add fillers, I don't know because I havent seen the pills and they charge you a shitload for the bottle . I have seen NOTHING in the ingredients list that is special or hard to get or is different from any other amino acid you can buy somewhere else. PLEASE! look at the ingredients and go to some site like iherb.com or vitacost, or even your local healthfood store and just pick these things up. I mean how much are they really charging you per bottle for this stuff? 50 dollars? for what a months worth of pills? I could pick up years worth of this stuff for 500 dollars. I'm going to check this post when I actually get some sleep. I really would like to know what you people are paying for this shit. Give me a complete ingredients list of these things and I will give you everything you need to buy this stuff. This is criminal. Again I don't doubt they are helpful for people but you guys are being raped when it comes to the price you are paying for this stuff. I'm actually sickened by it.

Sun, October 16, 2011 - 11:23 AM
          LOVE the claim by "Terri" that he/she is "99.99% symptom-free"!
          Really?? 99.99%??? And how are you taking those measurements, exactly?
          (sorry, stuff like that irks me.)

Sun, October 16, 2011 - 11:29 AM
            NeuroReplete-S™

5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan 50mg
            D-,L-phenylalanine 333mg
            Vitamin C 166mg
            Calcium (calcium citrate) 37mg
            Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCL & pyridoxal 5' phosphate) 10mg
            Folic acid 67mcg

NeuroReplete-C™

5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan 50mg
            L-phenylalanine 500mg
            Theanine 33mg
            Vitamin C 133mg
            Calcium (calcium citrate) 30mg
            Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCL & pyridoxal 5' phosphate) 10mg
            Folic acid 67mcg
            • MCH
              MCH
              offline 0

Thu, March 28, 2013 - 3:25 PM
              There are two distinct groups posting on this site 1) respected physicians from coast to coast and their patients 2) idiots how known nothing about the topic. The NeuroReplete-C and NeuroReplete-S formulas cited here have not been produced for 10 years and have nothing to do with NeuroReplete. NeuroReplete does not contain phenylanine ot theanine. This is only the second time in my life I have signed onto a blog. Thanks to the idiots moving me to do so. I know all the physicians mentioned here from Dallas, TX to Fort Lauderdale, FL to the states of Maryland, Minnesota, and Oregon. What is being said by the physicians is true and accurate. What is being said by the patients appears to be genuine. What is being said by the idiots should win them a place in the next dumb and dumber movie.

Mon, July 22, 2013 - 4:32 PM
            Duh. Because I am urine tested every few months to check levels. Nothing anyone says will convince you and it would take a fool to try. You label us as spam but sounds like you are trolling. Lol. Nice try. BTW..since then, I went off the NR and due to more life stress my numbers were back off again. It's 2013and I am seeing a better doctor. I do not have the symptoms that I once had. I am living a healthy life and am able to work normally again. the panic attacks have been seriously reduced.

Thu, June 13, 2013 - 2:31 PM
          It's true you can go to the Health Store and buy all the ingredients by dosage but you will not be getting pharmaceutical grade AND mainly you will not be under the care of an MD which is VERY important. I have not gone to medical school. A doctor knows dosing and can up the dose safely or lower dosages. A doctor knows what will interact with the amino acids if anything and they can tailor it for each person. Not everyone takes the same dose or the same amount of Neuro Replete. Some take more than others and the same is true of the other amino acids. This is the reason only licensed doctors can administer and purchase these directly from the company. You must be under the care of a doctor to get on this therapy. You cannot buy them yourself. I tried all these things before. My son was on all the amino acids and none of them worked because I didn't have a doctor to monitor him, his condition and his dosages. For any serious condition you need a doctor who is educated in both traditional medicine and holistic or integrative medicine to be successful in your getting healed.

Wed, October 10, 2012 - 11:54 AM
      Hi Julie,

Just wondering what your progress has been since your last post in 2011 with Neuroreplete? I have been on the protocol for several months now. Just yesterday I sent in my 5th urine analysis. (Good news is I was told that after the 8th test, they are free because they realize you are a special case type thing? I dunno, I hope I don't have to get to 8)

I on the other hand have been told I am in the correct third phase but I have not had a tremendous amount of relief with my anxiety & depression. In this case they are saying I could possibly need some tweaking and I might be biopolar with out the mania which would call for an addition of natural lithium. I have been getting very distraught and hopeless in my quest but I have also been through every drug in the book with bad side effects and hospitalization because of my heart skipping beats. I know going back to drugs is not an option for me so I am really trying hard with the holistic route. It is nice to find other people who are going through the same thing. AND I agree the money is a drain but thankfully I have a Health Savings Account that I have been able to pay my urine tests with, maybe a flex spending account would do the same? I wish there was some sort of way to start a donation for people like us to be able to afford these natural products.

Anyways, let me know if you gave up on this protocol or if maybe it helped you at all. I have seen some positive things come out of it for me but I am not completely healed that is for sure. I was recently on 6 NR, 2 D5, 20 Tyrosine & 6 Cysreplete a day. I have only seen symptoms get worse by going up on the Tyrosine. After this test on Monday I have decided to reduce the tyrosine on my own and wait for results. My doctor has also recommended that I try mineral drips which are also expensive but possibly my body is not retaining minerals and vitamins like it should. Magnesium being a very important factor I think in depression and anxiety.

Thu, June 13, 2013 - 2:06 PM
    It's now 2013 and I just read this. This is NOT spam as some think. I am a mom of a teen boy age 14 with PDD,OCD,Bi-Polar and possible schitzophrenia. Before going on the amino acid therapy he was falling and unable to get up. He was unable to ride in a car at all without trying to get out, would spit on windows,curse at people,wander off like an Alzheimer's patient and would be brought home by police,would hold his bowel movements, went through anorexia, would stay up all night,had multiple voices,his muscles were stiff.was unable to talk on the phone for about 15 minutes, and spent the day zoned out and when he wasn't he was bending down and measuring in increments with his hands. Shortly after taking the amino acid Nuero replete,tyrosine,D5 Macuna and cysteine he ceased all of the above symptoms. He still has some issues because the MD is still trying to get the right dosages and testing urine for the neurotransmitters and until his Seratonin is up and level he will have glitches and some issues but I tell you it is a HUGE difference to see my son talking and not zoned out all day. He goes in the car with us although he is still having some sensory overload issues related to serotonin levels being low. I never put him on SSRI's because all these antidepressants and serotonin reuptake inhibitors just circulate the current level of serotonin in the brain they don't actually increase it and eventually they deplete it causing even worse mental health issues and side effects. Is there a down side? Yes. Unfortunately insurance isn't paying for it. With 2 labs, the pills and 1 consult from the doc a mo. equals about $700 for us but everyone is different in what they need. Maybe some need less than others and it won't cost nearly as much. Is it worth the sacrifice? YES!

Fri, August 16, 2013 - 7:43 PM
    Hi, I have schizophrenia and been taking no flush niacin and got much better with it, even been able to reduce by a third the medication.

I learned about functional medicine and will do the protocol with Neuroreplete ect. My doctor is Steve Hyjek he will send me the kit for the urine test. I'll keep you updated about it. Functional medicine really makes sense giving the precursors for balancing the neurotransmitters. I'm surprised nobody thought about it before... I guess companies want so much to sell their drugs...

Take care and God bless

Sat, September 21, 2013 - 10:19 PM
    Last fall, I was taking cymbalta and ambien. This was prescribed because of my depression with fibromyalgia. Then I got colidus(SP?) and began losing weight.I lost my appetite and dropped 45 lbs. in 2 months. That's when I truly lost IT. The way I described "IT", was "I lost my rhymn". I felt the actual loss of ME. The person I used to be. Major clinical depression that lead into bi-polar, that lasted from fall of 2012 thru July 2013. It was so severe that I was bedridden for 6 months of this year, and having to get 24-7 care in my home. Looked like walking death, and truly wished I was dead. I was only sleeping one hour out of 24,month after month.The psych. tried a variety of drugs to include: seroquel, ativan,neurontin,norpramin,zoloft,lubiprostone,risperidone,ambien (again),trazadone,remeron,just to
    a few of the trials they put me through, trying to find the right "cocktail". It was a nightmare to say the least. And
    my fibromyalgia was flared up during this time. I was ready to end it all.God was not even in my life.I could not stay focused or even begin to pray, let alone watch TV, talk on the phone, make food, bathe, etc. I lost almost all my hair,
    and my daughters talked about putting me in a sanitarium. Then my daughter rediscovered and found the doc.who used to be my alternative dr.He had moved to Brazil but was back in the US for the summer. He got me started on NUEROREPLETE AND CYREPLETE, and I am almost back to myself. I take the typical dose of 8 neuropletes and 6 cyreplete daily, and after the first urine test, I am now taking the same does with additional D3 daily. I also take 75mg. of trazadone and 15 mg. of remeron to help me sleep. I am hoping that after I get on the correct dose of amino acids, from urine sample testing, that I will get off all pharmacology meds. and just stay with the alternative route. YES, it is expensive, but when you are suffering with depression and fibromyalgia...and realize the side-effects of prescriptions...
    it is worth every penny you spend on the amino acids. I thank God for my alternative doc.,Cal Seeba, amino acids,
    and how they have helped me get my life back. YES! IT WORKS, and iIT"S WORTH IT. Every penny spent. I would go as far to say, that I would sell everything I have to pay for my sanity and good health. I live in SantaRosa,Ca.

Recent topics in "Neurophysiology and Neurobiology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Brain Integration Unsubscribed 4 March 25, 2013
Psychiatry Kills Unsubscribed 10 March 25, 2013
Who says a woman can't be Einstein? Unsubscribed 12 March 25, 2013
How "wishing" affects us? "Marley" ˚˚... 4 March 15, 2013
happiness: in the genes or head? 4 March 15, 2013